Thursday, October 4, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

As a part of Vegan MoFo I decided to dedicate my Thursday posts to recreating my family's favorite recipes - vegan style. My hope is that no one would be able to taste the difference!






I thought I'd start off my family recipe recreations with these no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. These are THE cookies. You know, those ones that are made every year for holiday cookies, for any bake sales, and whenever you just need cookies that are guaranteed to come out right.


No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 C sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 C almond milk
1/4 lb. vegan butter
2 1/2 C. oats
1/2 tsp vanilla

Add the sugar, cocoa, almond milk, and vegan butter into a sauce pot and boil for 2 minutes while stirring.
Let cool slightly and mix in the oats and vanilla.

Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper, let cool and harden. (Place in fridge if needed to let cool.)
Store in a container at room temp or in the fridge.


I think this recipe originated from my Grandma, but my Mom made them all the time when I was growing up. We also called them "Chocolate Drop Cookies" since you drop them onto the wax paper. They are simple and quick, and are super chocolatey!
 

What are your family's favorite no fail cookies?

 
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. ooh- super chocolatey and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Wow, wow, wow! I've died and gone to chocolate cookie heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are doing family favourites on Thursdays. What a great idea :) These look suuuuuper yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile so I figured now would be a perfect time.

      Delete
  4. You had me at no bake!

    ....our favorite was chocolate chip - we were so unexciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate cookie heaven indeed. and no bake.. i must must make these

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...