Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm not really sure if I should call these cookies or not. The consistency makes them more like cake or muffins. When my family tried them we were brainstorming some new names: cakelets, muffies, and cakies were all tossed around. Whatever you call them, they are delicious! I know what treat I'll be making over and over again this fall.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 2 dozen cookies, adapted from carla's confections


1.5 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C vegetable oil
1.5 C pumpkin puree
1/4 C applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C vegan chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Whisk together the oil and the brown sugar. Add in the pumpkin, applesauce, and vanilla and combine. In another bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in your chocolate chips.

Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop the cookie batter onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.


Yum! I used the "mega chucks" instead of regular chocolate chips so that is why the chocolate pieces look so huge. I would also imagine you could make this with coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, but I ran out. These cookies barely lasted a day in our house.



There is a blog relay making the rounds that asks the receiver to write about hope. Heather from Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes passed the baton to me. (By the way, she will be here tomorrow with a AMAZING guest post - so be sure to come back to check it out!)



I've been thinking on this for a few days now, and to me having hope is hard to attain without another thing - optimism. To be optimistic about the events in your life, the things the future may bring, and to know that whatever life throws your way you can get through it and gain something from it. Sometimes in the middle of a difficult or stressful time it can be hard to think this way, but if you can look to the future with optimism it will make the hard times easier.

Now it's my turn to pass the hope relay on to some inspiring bloggers if they feel like participating. (No pressure!)

Cooking with Lysa
Fragrant Vanilla Cake
The Fig Tree Blog
The Bear and the Blackberry
The Only Vegan I Know




Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Yum! Those muffies look amazing! I like the inclusion of pumpkin puree and applesauce in the ingredients. I'll have to keep them in mind for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the applesauce in here too, and of course the chocolate.

      Delete
  2. Awe, thank you! I'd love to keep the hope relay going. It's a wonderful idea. Thank you for thinking of me :)

    These muffies (awesome name by the way) look amazing! Pumpkin and chocolate together are brilliant somehow. Cannot wait to make these!

    Would you want to do a guest post on The Fig Tree for vegan Tuesdays in the next month or two? If so, email me at Courtney@thefigtreeblog.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Courtney! I hope you enjoy these. I sent you an email about your vegan tuesdays. :)

      Delete
  3. You are so nice, thank you for thinking of me for the hope relay. I am very touched.
    Your cookies (or delicious looking muffin tops?) are beautiful. Their chocolate chunks make me scream for one! xxxx Lysa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care what you call these....they sound (and look) amazing! I will most definitely be making these in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful post! and wow those look delicious! they're making me excited for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are so perfect for fall, I have a feeling I'll be making them a lot.

      Delete
  6. These are my favorite cookies for fall! They're always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely agree with you - those that are more optimistic in life find hope a little easier to believe in :)

    And oh my gosh these cookies bring back memories....my sister started the addiction, she made like 200 of these for her companies harvest party one year and I made like 60 of them - they were so so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I can totally see how these can be addicting. They are super easy to make. Dangerous! :)

      Delete
  8. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of my faves- I must've made 17 batches last fall/winter! I will definitely be giving these guys a try!

    Have a great weekend, Melissa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17 batches doesn't sound like too much. :)
      Thanks Kristy!

      Delete
  9. love the chunky cookies! the bigger the chocolate chunk the merrier i will be :) i like to make these soft cookies for a change. muffins dont hold us as well during travel without a good box, but in this kind of scoop form, they hold up great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I bet they would travel really well. Thanks Richa!

      Delete
  10. I have to say, I actually prefer these over regular (non-vegan) chocolate chip cookies! It's amazing...my friends and I made these, and ever since I could not stop thinking about them so I made a double batch yesterday. I'm keeping them in my fridge and every time I go into the kitchen I cannot help but have one! So delicious. I made them using brown rice flour, so even healthier than the gluten versions, which makes them even more guilt-less.

    I definitely suggest this recipe! The pumpkin flavor is barely there, if at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...