Monday, April 8, 2013

Pancake Puffs

pancakepuffs1_veganfling


pancakepuffs3_veganfling


Everyone - I think I may have solved breakfast. I really love pancakes and waffles, but making them on the griddle or waffle iron is totally hit or miss for me. I don't know what skill it is that I am lacking, but I end up burning half of my pancakes, and getting my waffle batter oozing all over the place. Plus you have to make one at a time? Forget that!

pancakepuffs2_veganfling


I stumbled on one of those pinterest posts where you read it and think "Oh yeah right". You know, like that melted crayon art. I saw one where they made pancakes in a muffin tin and they came out all cute and perfect. I was skeptical...but look at these adorable pancake puffs! They all look great and were ready to be served at the same time. Breakfast is saved my friends.

pancakepuffs4_veganfling



Pancake Puffs
makes 12, adapted from this homemade life.

1 C flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C almond milk
2 Tbsp melted vegan butter
3 Tbsp maple syrup

mix in ideas:
vegan chocolate chips
banana slices
berries
peanut butter
boca chick'n patties

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a bowl mix together the almond milk, butter, and maple syrup. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk until combined.

Divide the batter amongst 12 muffins tins, and add in whatever mix ins you'd like. Bake for 12-14 minutes and enjoy!

pancakepuffs6_veganfling


Yes, you read that right up above. I cooked a Boca vegan chick'n patty, and then cut it up and put it in my pancake batter. I was going for the "chicken and waffles" flavor combo. It was pretty awesome! Top with your favorite maple syrup and you are good to go. I really enjoyed the banana and blackberry combo, and my husband said his favorite was peanut butter with chocolate chips.

pancakepuffs5_veganfling


What are your favorite pancake flavor combos?

24 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I HAVE to try this!! My favorite combo is chocolate chips and bananas.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them - chocolate chip banana ones would be excellent!

      Delete
  2. They look beautiful and I'm sure they taste good too!!

    Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a crazy genius- chicken & waffles in a muffin tin! Wow! I've seen that pinterest post before too and was like "Yeah, maybe..." but now I'm a believer. These look so fun and delicious at the same time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I usually am such a pessimist about those pinterest things, but sometimes they just happen to work!

      Delete
  4. Any particular kind of flour? I'm new to cooking and still don't know all the different purposes of pastry flour, all purpose, etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used all purpose - but feel free to sub your favorite kind.

      Delete
  5. This is so creative! I love pancakes and want to devour that chocolate chip one right now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool!!!! Love this idea. cannot wait to give them a shot over the weekend :) Chocolate chip would be my vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chocolate chip was probably my favorite. :)

      Delete
  7. when I saw these I couldn't resist trying them right away. I added 1TBS and lemon zest to one batch and 1tsp PB and 3 slices banana to another. ended up baking 20 min. turned out great! ty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's suppose to be ! TBS of blueberries to make lemon blueberry pancakes. they were very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just made these! I put choc. hazelnut butter and bananas in some and chocolate chips & walnuts in the others. They came out great! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just amazing! Can't wait to try them. I'm a pancake monster :D Thank you so much for this idea.

    Greetings from Germany. I'm totaly obsessed with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh this is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What consistency should the batter be? Mines all mixed up but very watery. I followed recipe exactly but used gluten free oat flour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the consistency of normal pancakes batter, so a little watery is okay. Maybe add in a little more flour if it's too wet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is blowing my mind!! I have to try this out! I can get pancakes to come out ok but my waffle maker seems to really have a strong distaste for me and my breakfast dreams, so this is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to try this with the chocolate chips. These look amazing, and who can say no to chocolate chip anything in the morning? Looks delicious - making them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are a new favorite at my house! Soooo good! I've done three versions that were all delicious. The first time I put strawberry slices in the bottom of half the muffin cups and bananas in the other half before pouring the batter over. Then I sprinkled slivered almonds on top of the banana ones once batter was poured. The next time I made them I mixed blueberries and cinnamon into the batter, and that's our favorite! Thanks so much for this wonderful, simple, delicious addition to our weekend breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...