Monday, April 16, 2012

Strawberry Muffins



These mini muffins are so cute! I think this strawberry muffin recipe is perfect for spring. Perfect to bring to a brunch or bake sale, or just to share with your family.




 Strawberry Muffins
adapted from the kitchn
makes about 3 dozen mini muffins, or 12–16 regular muffins

1 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground flax
1/2 teaspoon salt
  
topping:
3 tablespoons rolled oats
sprinkles of cinnamon and sugar


Preheat oven to 400°.

Grease your muffin tins or line with paper liners.

Combine non-dairy milk, vinegar, sugars, oil, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.

In a separate bowl combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, flax and salt.

Mix the strawberries into the dry mixture
, tossing to coat with a light dusting of flour mixture. This helps the fruit stay at the center of the muffin, instead of sinking to the bottom.

Pout the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into your muffins tins. Top each with a sprinkle of cinnamon, sugar and the rolled oats.

Bake for 20-25 minutes (more time for regular sized muffins, less for mini muffins) until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for 10 minutes.



It was more batter than I expected, so I made a lot! With this recipe I made 24 mini muffins and 8 regular sized muffins.


 

A delicious strawberry treat!

What's your favorite fruit to add into baked goods? I usually prefer banana breads, but I do love a good berry.



Join the fun by linking up any berry recipe posted during the month of April below. The twitter hashtag is #berrylove. 

5 comments:

  1. These little muffins look so delicious! I think my favorite fruit to add in my backed goods are raspberries...although your muffins make me want to change idea!
    Your pictures are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet raspberries would be good in these as well.

      Delete
  2. I love berries in baked goods! I loved the Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake I baked up a few weeks ago, I actually just joined your blog hop with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I'm definitely going to check out your cake recipe.

      Delete
  3. Yumm! These muffins look crazy good. I want to try them! I am very happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...