Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thai Chickpea Pizza


I love anything with peanut sauce! This pizza was tasty and easy to make too.




Thai Chickpea Pizza
Adapted from veggieconverter

1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
3 tbsp soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp agave nectar
sriracha, to taste

1 pizza dough of your choice, or 4 pitas
1 15 oz can cooked chickpeas
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

optional:
2 green onions, chopped
1 carrot, grated


Preheat oven to 425.

Make your peanut sauce: combine the coconut milk, tomatoes, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime, garlic, agave, and sriracha in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Spread the peanut sauce over the pizza dough or pitas. Sprinkle the chickpeas, pepper, bean sprouts and peanuts onto the pizza. Drizzle with a little more peanut sauce for good measure.
Bake at 425 until crust edges are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. 


Yum! I think next time I'll add carrots and green onions too.


Minnie hates it when I stick my camera in her face, but I just can't help it. She's too cute!

 

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Yum, I love thai pizza - maybe even more than regular pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! this is a great idea, it looks really good !! I never had a thai pizza before..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique idea for a pizza! Love it! :) Thai flavours are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, thai food is definitely one of my favorites!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...