Monday, February 25, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cookies

snickerdoodles1_veganfling

We've had some fun weather here in Colorado over the past week... I'm looking at almost a foot of snow out of my window right now. Even though we really need the moisture, I'm still not a fan of the snow at all and have no desire to go out and do anything in it. My solution to my snowed in day was (of course) to start baking! I realized I had not yet attempted to bake the fun and classic snickerdoodle cookies, so I set out to change that.

snickerdoodles2_veganfling


snickerdoodles3_veganfling


Snickerdoodle Cookies
makes about 2 dozen small cookies

1/2 C vegan butter
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 C flour
1/4 C cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder 
topping:
1/4 C sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Soften vegan butter and with an electric mixer beat it with the sugar. Add in almond milk and vanilla and mix again. Whisk the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder together in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients and mix well.

Combine the sugar and cinnamon on a plate and stir. Roll the cookie dough into balls and then roll through the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes then let cool.

Note: My cookies didn't really expand that much, so if you want larger cookies you can make the dough ball bigger.

snickerdoodles4_veganfling


I was actually happy that these didn't spread out too much in the oven, because they ended up being cute little round bite size cookies. Simple and tasty with a cinnamon sugar coating, these cookies are perfect for any occasion. I hope you enjoy!

snickerdoodles5_veganfling

snickerdoodles6_veganfling




Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. These look perfect! So fluffy and soft! I adore snickerdoodle cookies. I think I have everything to make these tonight....*nom nom*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to make these again - hope you like them!

      Delete
  2. They look so fluffy! This is totally a recipe I will be making soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally the perfect kind of snickerdoodles- I love them when they're soft and fluffy and chewy! These look absolutely wonderful, and they're my stepson's favorite cookie, so I'll have to make them for him (and me) soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, fluffy, chewy cookies are the best! :)

      Delete
  4. i think every snickerdoodle i've ever seen is large and thin. i LOVE that these look like soft pillows of deliciousness! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive never tried snickerdoodles before so i thought i would have a go at making them, and they are amazing! Great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...