Monday, March 4, 2013

Carrot Cranberry Muffins

carrotcranberymuffins1_veganfling


This week marks both my one year anniversary of eating vegan and of creating this blog! I want to thank each and every one of you for reading along and continuing to inspire me to come up with new recipes. I started this blog the same week I became vegan because I had a hunch that it would keep me motivated and help to connect with others - and boy, was I right! I'm so grateful for the people I've met in the past year, and I'm looking forward to sharing and cooking along with even more friends in the next year.

carrotcranberymuffins2_veganfling


As I was thinking about what special recipe I could make to celebrate this occasion, I thought back to my first recipe I ever posted - Carrot Cranberry Muffins. I realized that my one camera phone photo didn't do these tasty muffins justice at all, so I decided I would whip up another batch!

carrotcranberymuffins3_veganfling


Carrot Cranberry Muffins
2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 C sugar
1/2 C canola oil
1/4 C applesauce
1 C finely grated carrots (approx 2 medium)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C dried cranberries


Preheat oven to 375 F.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla until combined. Mix in the grated carrots.

Stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.

Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

carrotcranberymuffins4_veganfling


Well, these muffins are just as good as I remembered and were a great way to reflect back on a full year of vegan food fun. I feel like I've learned so much, and am looking forward to lots more cooking and baking, of course!

carrotcranberymuffins5_veganfling


Thank you for reading, commenting, following me on facebook, twitter and instagram, and all the support over the last year for Vegan Fling. You all rock!

carrotcranberymuffins6_veganfling


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. happy veganversary AND blogiversary! the muffins look like perfection! here's to many more years! hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caitlin! So glad to have "met" you. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on one year of this amazing blog! And happy veganiversary! You should be so proud of all you've accomplished this year personally and through the blog. I'm so glad you decided to start blogging, so we could connect. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney! I'm happy to have connected with you as well. <3

      Delete
  3. Happy veganversary and blogiversary! Congrats! I'm so thankful you started Vegan Fling because you and your talents and your passion are definitely an attribute to the vegan blog community.

    P.S. These muffins look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! I so appreciate it. :) I am glad that we are vegan-blog-friends!

      Delete
  4. These muffins look so deliciously moist, hard to believe they're vegan! Definitely going to give these a try, thanks for sharing this great recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. these worked wonderfully thanks i added a brown sugar crumble ontop to a few for desert ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...