Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Flashback: Eating Out

As my 3rd week comes to an end I wanted to discuss eating out. It is probably the aspect that has been the most challenging for me, but I don't think it's too hard once you get used to what to look for on menus. Colorado in general is fairly health-conscious so there a lot of options where something will work for vegans.

There are a lot of great websites that you can look up restaurant chains and see what items are vegan, and I also found a great Colorado specific one complete with a vegan restaurant list - Vegan Coloradical.

Another thing that has been helping me out is that we signed up for Mile High Organics, which is a home produce delivery service. It's easy and convenient with our busy schedules and it forces me to eat a variety of vegetables! You can have them deliver each week, every other week (what i do), or on any schedule you'd like. Thumbs up! (I guess this is not really eating out, but oh well!)


Here are a few snapshots from my week...




1. A delicious salad from modmarket. I love this place because they label everything (vegan, dairy free, gluten free, etc).
2. My creation from a Mongolian Stirfry. I like these type of places where you can go through the line and pick whatever you want, it makes it easy to customize.
3. Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. This stuff is amazing!! They are a Colorado company, but I hope you can find it wherever you are.
4. Starting a new embroidery project!

Have a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...