Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Veganized Banana Bread

I decided to take my standby banana bread and veganize it.




Overall Grade: 
A

Would I make it again? 
Yes




I'm pretty picky about my banana bread. My family made it all the time when I was growing up, so i know how it is supposed to taste!
In modifying my Mom's recipe I used the applesauce in place of an egg, and earth balance in place of regular butter. I wouldn't say the result is exactly the same, but I don't think anyone but me would notice. Overall, a pretty good veganization.



Veganized Banana Bread
2 lg bananas (very ripe)
1/2 C melted vegan butter (earth balance)
1 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp Salt
1 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 C applesauce + 1 tsp baking powder
nuts or chocolate chips (optional)






Mash bananas with a fork in a small bowl.

Mix applesauce and baking powder together in medium mixing bowl.
Add in sugar, melted butter, and bananas. Mix well.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.

Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix.
Add in nuts or chocolate chips if desired.

Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.

Bake for 35-40 min at 350F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...