Friday, November 16, 2012

Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal Mini Bundts




Mini bundts have a special place in my heart. We served mini bundts at our wedding reception instead of cake, and they were awesome. Recently Heather featured some amazing looking mini bundts over at Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes, and it prompted me to go on a mission to find my own mini bundt pan. After finally securing one, I set about to test my first batch.


Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal Mini Bundt Cakes
makes 12 mini bundts, adapted from peas and thank you

1 C old fashioned oats
1 1/4 C boiling water
1/4 C coconut oil
1/4 C almond butter
2/3 C applesauce
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C flour
1/2 C. coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C vegan chocolate chips
optional: powdered sugar to sprinkle on top


Preheat oven to 350 F.
Boil the water in a pot, stir in the oats and remove from heat. Set aside to allow oats to absorb the liquid.

In a medium bowl blend the coconut oil, almond butter, applesauce, sugars and vanilla together with an electric mixer.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the cooked oats. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Grease the mini bundt pan and fill with the batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into cake.
Let cool then top with sifted powdered sugar.


I was so happy (and kind of surprised) that they came out so well. Only one broke apart when taking them out of the pan! I think the key is greasing the pan well. These cakes had a great consistency and flavor, but were not overly sweet. Perfect for dessert or even breakfast. I can't wait to try out many more recipes with my new mini bundt pan!


What type of bundt cakes would you like to try?

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Wow would you look at these cuties, what a great idea for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out really well for us - single servings and multiple flavors!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow...I am pinning this right away! And thanks, Chef Amber, for pointing these in my direction. Oh, how I love a bundt cake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would eat this whole batch in one sitting guaranteed. Tbey look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mini bundt pan you found - the recipe looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...