Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sloppy Joe Mac 'n Cheese Pizza

sloppyjoe_macncheese_pizza1_veganfling

sloppyjoe_macncheese_pizza6_veganfling

Did your jaw just drop a little bit? I think my husband laughed out loud when I first told him what I was making for dinner. Sloppy Joes plus Mac 'n Cheese all on top of a pizza? I will admit I was a little skeptical myself, but I just had a hunch it would turn out pretty awesome.

sloppyjoe_macncheese_pizza3_veganfling

I was inspired by Richa and her month of pizza recipes where she had both a sloppy joe pizza and a mac 'n cheese pizza. I thought both ideas were so unique! I decided to add them together and see what would happen.

sloppyjoe_macncheese_pizza2_veganfling

Sloppy Joe Mac 'n Cheese Pizza
4 small pitas or other flat bread
1 recipe of lentil sloppy joes
1 recipe pumpkin mac 'n cheese (made without the chard and pine nuts)
panko breadcrumbs

*note: I had lots of both the sloppy joe mix and the mac 'n cheese leftover, so if you don't want extra I'd half both recipes to make the pizzas.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Brush a little olive oil over the pitas.
Spread the sloppy joe mixture on the pitas, then top with some of the mac 'n cheese.
Sprinkle some panko crumbs over the whole thing then bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges of your pitas are golden brown.

sloppyjoe_macncheese_pizza5_veganfling

I was pleasantly surprised by this pizza combo! It reminded me a little of eating baked ziti, but on a pizza. If you are feeling a little crazy I would totally recommend it. What is the weirdest pizza combination you've ever had?

sloppyjoe_macncheese_pizza4_veganfling

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! dayv will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth didn't drop but i am pretty sure i drooled all over my keyboard- LOVE this!!! Hmmmm I haven't real;y had any weird pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of this post in my reader made me gasp out loud! Sounds like sheer heaven on a pizza! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my.. this is awesomeness!! lentil sloppy joes and a delicious mac n cheese.. yes yes yes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just sounds way too damn good. Dang, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...